- 385 VISITS
- 9 LIKES
As you may know, the Mark Clark Expressway is scheduled to be on the agenda at the South Carolina Transportation Infrastructure Bank Board on Thursday afternoon in Columbia. A vote could be taken that would either move the project forward or unwind the project.
Late Friday afternoon, we received some intel that the new Chairman of the Bank Board, John White, may be wavering in his support for this critical project.
We are asking for your help over the next 48 hours!
The Importance of I-526/Mark Clark Completion:
- Completion will alleviate traffic congestion West of the Ashley River
- The region’s existing infrastructure is inadequate to handle the current needs in the area much less the anticipated growth
- It will give residents in West Ashely, Johns Island, James Island and the sea islands another evacuation route in the event of another hurricane
- Our region is experiencing rapid growth with 48 new people are moving to the region daily
- Polling shows over 70% of residents in the region support the completion of the project
Please take some time today and call Governor Henry McMaster’s office. We greatly appreciate your help with this important issue.