- 244 VISITS
- 25 LIKES
Can you share just one hour each week with a student who is struggling to read? Become a reading partner today!
By becoming a reading partner and volunteering as little as one hour a week, you can help a child learn to read. Reading Partners provides an evidence-based, easy-to-use curriculum and on-site staff support to enable volunteers to be effective tutors. You bring your commitment, and Reading Partners will help you with everything else.
Devoting just one hour each week to a student can make a tremendous impact. Last year 93% of Reading Partners’ South Carolina students met or exceeded their year-end literacy growth goals and this year, Reading Partners is partnering with 17 elementary schools in Charleston and Berkeley counties. The greatest need is at the following schools:
- Hunley Park Elementary — 1000 Michigan Avenue, Joint Base, North Charleston
- Pinehurst Elementary — 7753 Northside Drive, North Charleston
- A.C. Corcoran Elementary — 8585 Vistavia Road, North Charleston
- Pepperhill Elementary — 3300 Creola Road, North Charleston
- H.E. Bonner Elementary — 171 Macedonia Foxes Circle, Moncks Corner
- St. Stephen Elementary — 1053 Russellville Rd, St. Stephen SC
- Whitesville Elementary — 324 State Road S-8-357, Moncks Corner