Civic Leaders Academy
Prepare Yourself to Have a Greater Impact to Public Service
Civic Leaders Academy is an advanced and informative public service training program designed to identify, cultivate and train individuals from across our region to both run for public office and serve on appointed boards and commissions. Through the Civic Leaders Academy, individuals will gain a better understanding of data-driven decision making, strong peer relationships and valuable community connections.
In Partnership with:
Inaugural Civic Leaders Academy Kicks Off
We are thrilled to announce the inaugural Civic Leaders Academy class. In partnership with Charleston Trident Association of Realtors and Charleston Home Builders Association, this advanced and informative public service training program is designed to identify, cultivate and train individuals from across our region to both run for public office and serve on appointed boards and commissions.
About the Program
Thursday, April 28: 8am – 1pm – Location: Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
Wednesday, May 25: 8am – 1pm – Location: Charleston Trident Association of REALTORS (CTAR)
Thursday, June 30: 12pm – 6:30pm (Program 12pm – 4:30pm; Reception: 4:30pm to 6:30pm) – Location: Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
In 3 half-day sessions with regional and national experts, participants will learn:
- Gain insight on campaign fundraising and budgeting
- Deeper understanding of polling and data driven decision making
- Enhance knowledge of regional issues and what is expected from a civic leader
- Build valuable community connections and peer relationships
- Desire to serve on a board, commission, county council, city council, or in the state house/senate
- Eager to learn about government’s role in community development, economic prosperity, transportation and infrastructure.
Tuition for participants employed by Chamber member companies/organizations, Charleston Trident Association of Realtors or Charleston Home Builders Association is $250. Tuition for participants who are non-members is $400.
Upon acceptance to the class, tuition is due in full by Friday, April 22, 2022. Tuition fee payments are final and are not refundable once the applicant has accepted their spot in the class.