Cultivating, inspiring and challenging our region’s leaders
Through community immersion and interactions with diverse leaders, Leadership Charleston is cultivating leaders and igniting the advancement of the Charleston metro. The Chamber has been running this 10-month program for over 45 years – offering an intensive and up-close look at the most challenging issues and opportunities facing our region.
Leadership Charleston engages participants in experiences that help them become better community leaders.
Leadership Charleston Applications are Now Open for the Class of 2020
5 Reasons to Apply
- Expand your leadership capacity through immersion into the realities and opportunities of our community
- Collaborate with the region’s top community leaders and organizations
- Develop deep relationships with a network of diverse colleagues
- Gain valuable insight into the most challenging issues facing our region
- Ignite change in our region
How to become part of Leadership Charleston
- Demonstrate leadership in your community.
- Be employed by a Chamber member company.
- Have an interest in furthering your knowledge about the Charleston Metro Area and community leadership.
- Commit to full participation in the Leadership Charleston program – the program requires a major time commitment.
- Attend a mandatory orientation session on September 5 – 6, 2019 at Wild Dunes Resort.
- Become active participants in advancing the community and making a positive contribution to the Charleston region post-graduation.
- Submit your application electronically through the Chamber website no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 14. Applications sent after this deadline will not be accepted.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt within 48 hours of sending your application. If you do not receive confirmation, please follow up by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your application was sent correctly.
- A letter of endorsement must be received by June 14. This should be completed by your company Chief Executive or local area executive. This can be uploaded with your application or sent by email to email@example.com with the subject line Leadership Charleston Letter of Endorsement.
- Upon acceptance, a headshot and profile information will be required.
- You will need to supply an email address that Leadership Charleston can use to communicate important program information throughout the class year. The class will also utilize social platforms for communication (google forms, etc.).
- All completed applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of Leadership Charleston Alumni during a blind process.
- Leadership Charleston class size is limited. If you are not accepted into this class, you are encouraged to reapply for an upcoming Leadership Charleston program.
- Applications open May 13 – June 14
- Select 2020 class participants early July
- Notify all applications of acceptance status by email late July
- Tuition payment required upon acceptance and before August 20
- Press announcement of class in August
In Their Words
"One of my favorite things about Leadership Charleston was the incredible new contacts and friendships that I made throughout this program."