Learning from experienced leaders
Leadership Discovery is an innovative and skills-based leadership program that will allow emergent business and community leaders to learn from experienced regional leaders.
Through Leadership Discovery, participants will build strong peer relationships, community connections and valuable leadership understanding in this accelerated mentor-based program.
Spring 2021 Class Announced!
About the Program
- Tuesday, February 23: Orientation and Everything DiSC Workshop w/ Jean Meeks-Koch, Positively People
- Tuesday, March 2: Mentor Session with Jamie Tozzi, Owner, Jamie Tozzi, LLC
- Tuesday, March 16: Mentor Session with Sherrie Snipes-Williams, CEO, Charleston Promise Neighborhood
- Tuesday, March 30: Mentor Session with Bryan Derreberry, President and CEO, Charleston Metro Chamber
- Tuesday, April TBD: Mentor Session with Anita Zucker, Chairman and CEO, The InterTech Group
- Tuesday, April 27: Mentor Session with Marc Marchant, CEO, LS3P ASSOCIATES LTD.
- Tuesday, May 4: Mentor Session with Liz Ashley, Senior Consultant, Positively People, LLC
- Tuesday, May 11: Business Etiquette Dinner with Cynthia Grosso, Charleston School of Protocol
- 3-month program with a total of seven sessions
- Gain leadership skills that will directly impact current work
- Receive a personalized DiSC Leadership Profile Assessment
- Attend a 3-course business etiquette dinner
- Improve communication skills through interactive dialogue with peers and executives
- Build valuable community connections
- Career-driven with a strong focus on professional development
- Eager to learn from both mentors and peers
- Charleston Metro Chamber or Charleston Young Professionals member
Not sure whether Leadership Discovery or Leadership Charleston is the right program for you? Learn the difference between the two.
There is a $750 fee to participate, which includes:
- Leadership Discovery workshop
- Personal DiSC assessment
- 3-course business etiquette dinner
Personalized DiSC Leadership Profile Assessment by Jean Meeks-Koch, Ph.D., CEO and Founder of Positively People.
Participant Recaps from Mentor Sessions
Leadership Skills Gained from...
Written by Jennifer Hightower of Dominion Energy, Fall 2020 Leadership Discovery participant,...
College of Charleston's Dr....
Written by Simone Liberty, 2020 Fall Leadership Discovery Participant after hearing from...
Greg Parker - Relationships...
Written by Thomas Robbins of ROBBINS Construction Group and 2020 Fall Leadership...
In Their Words
Charleston has no shortage of business and community leaders and the Chamber does an outstanding job of bringing out the best of those leaders as they shape the next generation.
In Their Words
“Leadership Discovery has allowed me the opportunity to network across industries and gain inspiration from proven leaders within our own community.”
In Their Words
“I am incredibly grateful for Leadership Discovery. I was connected with many leaders from a variety of industries, who shared their leadership styles and experiences."