Learning from experienced leaders
Leadership Discovery is an innovative and skills-based leadership program that will allow emergent business and community leaders to learn from experienced regional leaders.
Through Leadership Discovery, participants will build strong peer relationships, community connections and valuable leadership understanding in this accelerated mentor-based program.
Congratulations to the Spring 2020 Leadership Discovery Class!
Applications are now open for the Fall 2020 Class!
About the Program
- Thursday, September 24: Virtual Orientation and Everything DiSC Workshop w/ Jean Meeks-Koch, Positively People
- Tuesday, October 6: Mentor Session with Dr. Mary Thornley, President, Trident Technical College
- Wednesday, October 21: Mentor Session with TBA
- Wednesday, November 4: Mentor Session with Ericka Plater, Executive Director, Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach
- Tuesday, November 17: Mentor Session with Greg Parker, Founder & CEO, Parker’s Kitchen
- Thursday, December 3: Mentor Session with Dr. Alan Shao, Interim Vice President, Corporate Partnerships; Dean, School of Business, College of Charleston
- Thursday, December 10: Mentor Session with Anton Gunn, Chief Diversity Officer and Executive Director of Community Health Innovation, Medical University of South Carolina
- Tuesday, December 15: Business Etiquette Dinner with Cynthia Grosso of Charleston School of Protocol
- 3-month program with a total of seven sessions
- Gain leadership skills that will directly impact current work
- Receive a personalized DiSC Leadership Profile Assessment
- Attend a 3-course business etiquette dinner
- Improve communication skills through interactive dialogue with peers and executives
- Build valuable community connections
- Career-driven with a strong focus on professional development
- Eager to learn from both mentors and peers
- Charleston Metro Chamber or Charleston Young Professionals member
There is a $750 fee to participate, which includes:
- Leadership Discovery workshop
- Personal DiSC assessment
- 3-course business etiquette dinner
Fall 2020 Presenters
Personalized DiSC Leadership Profile Assessment by Jean Meeks-Koch, Ph.D., CEO and Founder of Positively People.
Forget the What, Think...
Written by Robert Doty, participant in the 2020 Spring Leadership Discovery class,...
Leadership Lessons: Ask the...
Written by Lauren Anthony, participant in the 2020 Spring Leadership Discovery class,...
The Power of Your...
Written by LaQuinta Yates, participant in the 2020 Spring Leadership Discovery class,...
In Their Words
Charleston has no shortage of business and community leaders and the Chamber does an outstanding job of bringing out the best of those leaders as they shape the next generation.
In Their Words
“Leadership Discovery has allowed me the opportunity to network across industries and gain inspiration from proven leaders within our own community.”
In Their Words
“I am incredibly grateful for Leadership Discovery. I was connected with many leaders from a variety of industries, who shared their leadership styles and experiences."