Political Action Committee
Exercising business community influence at the ballot box
Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent in our community and state each day to provide services, build and maintain infrastructure and educate our future workforce. The PAC ensures the candidates we elect to public office have the fiscal responsibility to oversee budgets in the hundreds of millions of dollars and to determine spending priorities that positively impact the ability for businesses to operate each day effectively.
The focus is on local elections including city and town council, mayoral races, county councils and school boards. And since 2000, we’ve had a strong track record with two-thirds of the Chamber’s PAC’s endorsed candidates being elected.
The Chamber’s PAC also supports members of the tri-county legislative delegation and leadership of the General Assembly that are strong pro-business advocates.
- 4 out of 5 endorsed candidates won in 2018 County Council primary elections
- The Chamber supported Affordable Housing Bond Referendum passed with 70% voter approval
- Since 2000, 54 endorsed candidates won city, county and school board races
- Lifetime 64% endorsed candidate success rate
Did You Know?
100% of contributions to the PAC go to support endorsed candidates for local offices and incumbents at the State House who have earned the Chamber’s Champion of Business Award through their voting record.
- Candidates complete written questionnaire
- PAC Board interviews each candidate
- Candidates that align with our legislative priorities are endorsed
Support the CMCC PAC! Your donations help endorse pro-business candidates.