Member Job Postings
- 132 VISITS
- 18 LIKES
Donor Care Specialist
Brief Job Description
Water Mission (WM) is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Since 2001, Water Mission has used innovative technology and engineering expertise to provide access to safe water for more than 3.6 million people in 55 countries. Water Mission has more than 250 staff members working around the world in permanent country programs located in Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. To learn more, visit WaterMission.org.
The Donor Care Specialist is a critical member of the Development Department and responsible for day-to-day gift processing and acknowledgment, donor data accuracy, and quality assurance for the ministry’s constituent data base, The Raiser’s Edge. The Donor Care Specialist also provides general support for donor care and for other Development Department initiatives as needed. This position is full-time and reports to the Donor Care Manager.
- Manages the execution of daily gift processing from beginning to end, working with the gift processing team and accounting to reconcile items when necessary
- Exports data for input into accounting system
- Manages acknowledgement, receipting, and tribute card process
- Maintains constituent files by timely and accurate data entry, generation of monthly metric reports, design and production of queries, lists, and other reports for unique purposes
- Researches gift process and data hygiene best practices, updating and documenting procedures as necessary
- Communicates with donors/constituents by phone and email regarding donor needs, inquiries, updates to credit cards, etc.
- Supports donor cultivation by research and analysis as needed
- Manages production of reports that support cultivation of major gifts, planned giving, etc.
- Tracks Matching Gift companies and pledges
- Provides general support for the Development Department, including special events logistics and staffing, community outreach, and other duties as needed
- Experience designing and running queries, generating reports, error tracking and resolution, and troubleshooting database problems required
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and excellent judgment handling sensitive and confidential information required
- Comprehensive computer skills, including developing spreadsheets via Microsoft Excel required
- Keen attention to detail required
- Key-boarding/typing proficiency required
- Database Management experience required
- Excellent oral (particularly via telephone) and written communication skills are essential
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in donor relations in a nonprofit setting preferred
- Demonstrates proficiency managing The Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, or other CRM/database preferred
How to Apply
Posting End Date
Nov 30, 2018