Tuition for the Class of 2019 is $2,900. There is a non-refundable $35 application fee. Once you click “apply now” and submit the application fee, the application will be sent to you.
- Demonstrate leadership in his/her community
- Be employed by a Chamber Member
- Have an interest in furthering his/her knowledge about the Charleston Metro Area and community leadership
- Commit to full participation in the Leadership Charleston program. The program requires a major time commitment; please be sure you can make this commitment before applying.
- You will also be required to attend a mandatory orientation on August 27-28, 2018 at the Andell Inn at Kiawah Island.
- Applicants to Leadership Charleston will be expected to become active participants in advancing the community and making a positive contribution to the Charleston region post-graduation
- Submit your application electronically through the Chamber website no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, June 15. Applications sent after this deadline will not be accepted for this year’s selection.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt within 48 hours of sending your application. If you do not receive confirmation, please follow up by email to email@example.com to verify your application was sent correctly.
- A letter of endorsement must be received by June 15. This should be completed by your company Chief Executive or local area executive. This can be uploaded with your application or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Leadership Charleston Letter of Endorsement.
- Upon acceptance, a headshot and profile information will be required.
- You will need to supply an email address that Leadership Charleston can use to communicate important program information throughout the class year. The class will also utilize social platforms for communication (google forms, etc.)
All completed applications will be reviewed by the Leadership Charleston steering committee during a blind process.
- Applications Open- May 16-June 15
- Select 2019 Class Participants- early July 2018
- Notify All Applicants by email of the steering committee decision- early August 2018
- Payment of Tuition required upon acceptance and before August 20
- Press Release announcing Leadership Charleston participants – late August 2018