Job Openings-Chamber Only
- 121 VISITS
- 35 LIKES
Are you seeking a team environment where everyone not only feels included, but also valued and appreciated? Looking for a place where your work carries a powerful impact in the community?
Then you have found it in the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce! As the region’s leading Advancement and Advocacy organization, the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce today has 1,600 business members spread throughout the three county region, representing approximately 150,000 employees. Of course, there is no other place like the Charleston, SC region… we are world-renowned for our history and hospitality, and have a market that is a dynamic and growing economy with unmatched opportunities.
We are now hiring for the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO. This position reports directly to the President and CEO and provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President and CEO. Must maintain confidentiality, demonstrate organizational and prioritization skills, with a special focus on customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide executive level administrative support to the President and CEO.
- Compile documents and agendas for organizational board, executive, and independent meetings as well as for travel-related meetings. Facilitate travel plans as needed.
- Provide timely meeting notices, handle meeting RSVPs, reserve meeting space, arrange room set-up and clean-up, speaker confirmation, attendance confirmation, prepare materials and coordinate any catering needs.
- Professional preparation of correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Ability to assist with and coordinate all activities of the Chamber Executive Department including the coordination of monthly Executive Committee and Board of Director meetings, Past Chairmen’s Club events, and full staff meetings and activities.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Communicate directly with Board members, investors, general members, executive/senior and chamber staff and others, on matters related to CEO’s volunteer leadership and programmatic efforts.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President,
including those of a sensitive or confidential nature and determine appropriate course of action.
- Have a strong sense for issues taking place within the internal organization, external membership and overall regional business community and keep the President updated.
- Manage a variety of special projects/initiatives, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects and commitments to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Knowledge of volunteer leaders and personally welcome them to meetings, programs and events on behalf of the President and CEO’s office. Provide ongoing volunteer care and nurturing.
- Annually plan and host executive committee and board director orientation sessions after the new leaders have been identified and provide members with board orientation manuals.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive and Senior Leadership Team and provide meeting summary notes within two business days of the completion of individual sessions.
- Maintain Chamber President’s bio, with semi-annual adjustments, and respond to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general.
- Attend Chamber meetings and events as directed and provide staff support.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Also listed below are the physical demands that must be met by the employee and the work environment that the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and automobile insurance acceptable to the Chambers liability insurance provider.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Strong work tenure with 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience working in non or not-for profit organizations preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to demonstrate expertise in professional written and verbal communications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Ability to proactively deal with a few abstract and concrete variables, exercising judgment, resourcefulness, ingenuity, initiative, and decision-making ability.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint as well as database systems, the Internet and Social Media web platforms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, climb or balance, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We have an excellent Benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability. We also have 401k, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, wellness plan, iPhone option, and an inside look at what’s happening in the Charleston region
Serious applications only- Resumes that do not include the requirements for this position will not be considered. Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.