Am I able to get my business license through the Chamber?
Answer: The Charleston Metro Chamber is not operated under a government or municipality therefore does not award business licenses. Please contact the municipality for which you plan to do business. Some helpful links: City of Charleston, City of North Charleston, Town of Mt. Pleasant, Charleston County.
Is the Chamber connected to local or state government?
Answer: The Charleston Metro Chamber is not operated under a government or municipality. It is a 501(c)6 organization incorporated under the laws of the State of South Carolina. A chamber of commerce is a voluntary association whose membership is comprised of companies, civic leaders and individual business people.
As a tourist visiting the area, what can the Chamber offer me?
The Charleston Metro Chamber is a voluntary association whose membership is comprised of companies, civic leaders and individual business people. Many of our members provide lodging, entertainment, shopping and more while you are visiting Charleston and they can by visiting our Business Directory. For the most in-depth tourist information, you’ll want to visit the Charleston Convention & Visitors Bureau or call 800.868.8118.
How can the Chamber help me find employment?
Charleston Metro Chamber members currently post available jobs in our employment portal. We also have several members who provide employment services and may be found in our Business Directory.
What does a chamber of commerce do?
A chamber of commerce is a voluntary association whose membership is comprised of companies, civic leaders, and individual business people. Its members seek to promote the interests of business, typically in a broad-based way.At the local level, chambers of commerce strive to develop and publicize business opportunities in their communities, as well as work for the betterment of local schools and other community institutions. Local chambers of commerce offer a range of programs and services to their members, including information and advice on timely business matters, opportunities for networking, and a variety of publications. Local chambers of commerce also provide their members with numerous forums—task forces, committees, special events, and so on—in which to express their specific views and concerns, whether pertaining to the challenges facing small businesses or to the issues surrounding international commerce. Depending on their geographic settings, local chambers of commerce can be small or large in terms of their membership and scope of activities.
How can I get involved with the Chamber?
The Charleston Metro Chamber offers a variety of choices for you to engage in the work being done to maintain our vibrant and economically diverse community. These are just a few of the opportunities available. For a full review of what will work for you, be sure to contact your member relations executive or ask to speak to one by calling 843.577.2510.
- Event Opportunities – Providing relationship building opportunities for our members through events, programs and seminars throughout the year including events targeted to specific markets or areas of interesting, i.e. Women In Business, Executive Circle, Business After Hours, Business Education Summit.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Forming new business relationships, lend your expertise to make the Charleston area continue to succeed through Chamber activities, committees and events. Join the over 900 volunteers already engaged in volunteer activities.
- Member-to-Member Discount Program – Promote your business and services to thousands of fellow Chamber members and potential customers through this free opportunity for all members. It’s easy – offer a discount, free consultation or any other service that makes sense for your business.
- www.charlestonchamber.net – Information at your desktop gives you the extra edge in knowing what is impacting the tri-county region.
How can I get more visibility for my business?
There are several ways in which the Chamber can help you highlight your business.In addition to sponsorships and more traditional advertising, there are also some free ways that you can partner with the Chamber to increase visibility of your business, including:
- Submitting a Member Announcement- Member announcements are a great way to share news, events and accomplishments with all visitors to the Chamber’s website.