Registration has closed for this program. If you are interested in receiving updates about Get on Board, please contact Sean Tracey.
Curious about serving on a non-profit board but not sure where to begin? Get on Board is a non-profit board training program that allows attendees to be fully prepared to understand and handle the responsibilities of non-profit board service and the opportunity to be matched with a non-profit organization to serve a six-month board internship or committee position.
One-day course provides participants:
- Training on serving non-profits
- Governance and financial overview
- Knowledge of board member expectations from a panel of non-profit chairs and executive directors
- Practical advice and knowledge from a panel of young professional board members
After the one day training course, attendees have the opportunity to meet with participating non-profit representatives for speed matching. Participation in the program does not guarantee a Board placement.
2017 Participating Non-Profits:
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- American Red Cross
- Be A Mentor
- Charleston Animal Society
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Charleston Regional Development Alliance
- Charleston Stage
- Operation Home
- Reading Partners Charleston
- SC Community Loan Fund
- Tri-County Cradle to Career
Are you a non-profit interested in participating in Get on Board? Contact Sean Tracey at 843.805.3096