Cultivating, Inspiring and Challenging our Region’s Leaders
For more than 44 years, the Chamber has offered Leadership Charleston, a 10-month program offering an intensive and up-close look at the most challenging issues and opportunities facing our region – Leadership Charleston engages participants in the experiences that they need to lead in. Through community immersion and interactions with diverse leaders, Leadership Charleston is cultivating leaders and igniting the advancement of the Charleston metro.
Leadership Charleston Class of 2019 Applications are open until July 15, 2018. Please make sure you read all eligibility and class requirements before applying.
Tuition for the Class of 2019 is $2,900. There is a non-refundable $35 application fee. Once you click “apply now” and submit the application fee, the application will be sent to you.
2018 Leadership Charleston Premier Sponsors:
Follow Leadership Charleston on Facebook and Twitter.
Five Reasons to Apply:
- Expand your leadership capacity through immersion into the realities and opportunities of our community
- Collaborate with the region’s top community leaders and organizations
- Develop deep relationships with a network of diverse colleagues
- Gain valuable insight into the most challenging issues facing our region
- Ignite change in our region
What you Need to Know:
- Demonstrate leadership in his/her community
- Be employed by a Chamber Member
- Have an interest in furthering his/her knowledge about the Charleston Metro Area and community leadership
- Commit to full participation in the Leadership Charleston program. The program requires a major time commitment; please be sure you can make this commitment before applying.
- You will also be required to attend a mandatory orientation on August 27-28, 2018 at the Andell Inn at Kiawah Island.
- Applicants to Leadership Charleston will be expected to become active participants in advancing the community and making a positive contribution to the Charleston region post-graduation
- Submit your application electronically through the Chamber website no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 15. Applications sent after this deadline will not be accepted for this year’s selection.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt within 48 hours of sending your application. If you do not receive confirmation, please follow up by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your application was sent correctly.
- A letter of endorsement must be received by June 15. This should be completed by your company Chief Executive or local area executive. This can be uploaded with your application or sent by email to email@example.com with the subject line Leadership Charleston Letter of Endorsement.
- Upon acceptance, a headshot and profile information will be required.
- You will need to supply an email address that Leadership Charleston can use to communicate important program information throughout the class year. The class will also utilize social platforms for communication (google forms, etc.)
All completed applications will be reviewed by the Leadership Charleston steering committee during a blind process.
- Applications Open- May 16-June 15
- Select 2019 Class Participants- early July 2018
- Notify All Applicants by email of the steering committee decision- late July 2018
- Payment of Tuition required upon acceptance and before August 20
- Press Release announcing Leadership Charleston participants – late August 2018
Leadership Charleston class size is limited. If you are not accepted into this class you are encouraged to reapply for an upcoming Leadership Charleston program.