Job Openings-Chamber Only
- 641 VISITS
- 166 LIKES
We are now hiring a Manager of Talent Programs to assist with the Chamber’s talent advancement initiatives. Working closely with the Talent Advancement team to identify, connect and communicate with all stakeholders, the manager will coordinate with all parties to support a strategy for sustained stakeholder engagement. The position will create and support strategies to positively impact students and the emerging workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Talent Advancement programs to include performance metrics, student/business partner information, community representation/engagement and event logistics as needed.
- Identify, recruit and communicate with all business partners for each Academy and coordinate with the appropriate District staff.
- Work closely with administrators and educators associated with Talent Advancement programs to collect performance metrics in a timely manner.
- Coordinate Career Academy business engagement activities to include all Academy and Regional advisory meetings, collection of partner agreements and management of Basecamp traffic.
- Manage the quarterly Talent Advancement Cabinet meetings to include setting dates, sending notifications and coordinating the meeting logistics.
- Participate in researching and writing potential grant proposals that advance the work of the Chamber.
- Collaborate with Chamber divisions as appropriate to ensure coordination of talent/workforce development initiatives.
- Design and develop programs designed to connect the emerging and existing workforce with high-demand jobs in the Charleston metro region.
- Participate in Chamber committees, attend Chamber meetings and events as directed and provide staff support.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Also listed below are the physical demands that must be met by the employee and the work environment that the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and automobile insurance acceptable to the Chamber’s liability insurance provider.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with and managing a wide variety of stakeholders in a professional manner
- Experience working with members of the academic community
- Background in education, workforce development or social services preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and academic periodicals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on grammar and spelling.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, and employees using tact, courtesy and cooperativeness.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with a few abstract and concrete variables, exercising judgment, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience working with data management and analytics.
- Ability to coordinate multi-faceted projects in accordance with established goals, benchmarks and timeline.
- Experience in collateral content development.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while maintaining deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, climb or balance, or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will normally work in a climate-controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com