Job Openings-Chamber Only
- 620 VISITS
- 156 LIKES
We are now hiring a Marketing Assistant to provide support in Marketing department efforts to promote the mission and enhance the image and visibility of the Chamber. The Marketing Assistant must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, self-motivation, organization and time management skills. This position is responsible for coordinating department projects under the guidance of the Vice President of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Marketing department projects and activities.
- Initiate, assess, create, schedule and update projects utilizing department software.
- Assist with internal and external communication efforts while maintaining brand consistency.
- Assist with digital communication strategies and public relation activities
- Schedule marketing project plans and timelines through collaboration across departments.
- Follow project guidelines to obtain necessary details to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Represent the marketing department as the first point of contact with other departments.
- Utilize project guidelines and assessment processes to ensure clarity and direction for marketing production needs.
- Maintain frequent communication with Vice President of Marketing and project managers to provide project updates, indicating progress and roadblocks to be addressed.
- Attend program and project planning meetings and schedule Marketing tasks accordingly.
- Assist in posting and updating content on Chamber website.
- Manage Communication Action Calendar to correlate with Marketing Project Software, while moderating email communication levels with Chamber members.
- Distribute press releases to appropriate media channels, update and maintain segmented media lists, and submit Chamber programs and events to local media calendars as instructed.
- Assist in maintaining brand consistency in all Chamber materials.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining quality and accuracy in Chamber materials.
- Attend Chamber programs and events as needed.
- Understand each division’s goals and objectives, as they relate to project design and deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Also listed below are the physical demands that must be met by the employee and the work environment that the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and automobile insurance acceptable to the Chamber’s liability insurance provider.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field preferred or Associate Degree and two or more years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in social media and digital communication platforms, such as Word Press.
- Project Management Experience preferred.Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated eye for detail with strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from customers, managers, and employees using tact, courtesy and cooperativeness.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and work independently.
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize task.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Word Press, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment with eye for detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and ability to work in a Team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and/or stand. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is normally working in an office environment.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com