Job Openings-Chamber Only
- 127 VISITS
- 53 LIKES
Director, Membership Engagement
Attention RAINMAKERS! Are you a hungry salesperson who consistently exceeds monthly targets? Are you seeking a team environment where everyone not only feels included, but also valued and appreciated? Looking for a place where your work carries a powerful impact in the community?
Then you have found it in the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce! As the region’s leading Advancement and Advocacy organization, the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce today has 1,600 business members spread throughout the three county region, representing approximately 150,000 employees. Of course, there is no other place like the Charleston, SC region… we are world-renowned for our history and hospitality, and have a market that is a dynamic and growing economy with unmatched opportunities.
We are now hiring for a Director, Membership Engagement that reports directly to the Vice-President of Membership. The Director’s primary role is to recruit new Chamber member-investors by promoting the benefits and impacts of membership. Primary responsibilities include prospecting, presenting and selling to potential members, and building relations that lead to long-term and increased investments.
The ideal candidate is an individual with the following skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- Has an intense passion to sell!
- Has a consistently high closing percentage.
- Ability to identify prospective new members
- Goal setting, time-management and strategic planning for goal achievement
- Know relational sales techniques and ability to handle objections
- Practice Customer Service and have a daily positive attitude
- Self-motivated, team oriented and organized
- Strategic Thinker
- High School Diploma required and comparable sales experience in B2B sales. Bachelor’s Degree in any field is preferred.
- Required four years of sales experience in the last 7 years. Candidates with B2B sales experience preferred.
- KEY: A proven and consistent track record of meeting and exceeding goals (The interview process will probe this area further and dive deeper into the candidate’s approach for pipeline development and closing techniques)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and ability to work in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool/database and Microsoft Office
Salary: Base plus Commission.
We have an excellent Benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability. We also have 401k, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, wellness plan, iPhone option, and an inside look at what’s happening in the Charleston region
Serious applications only- Resumes that do not include the requirements for this position will not be considered. Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.