About
Membership
Government Relations
Community Advancement
Join Now
The Advocates
The Advocates: Looking Ahead to the 2022 Legislative Session

While the General Assembly is finishing up this year’s session – they will return in the fall to appropriate the American Rescue Plan funds and will meet again later this year to approve redistricting maps of all of the House and Senate seats as well as the Congressional seats – we are already looking ahead to the next legislative session.

With that in mind, over the next couple of months we will be meeting with members, delegation members and our advocacy partners, among others, to begin to narrow down what will go into our 2022 Legislative Agenda.

We need your help!

If you or your business have suggestions, ideas or input on potential legislation that your Chamber Advocacy team and Business Advocacy Committee should take a look into, now is the time to let us know. 

Please submit your suggestion to me and include any helpful information on what can be done at the state level to help your business or industry here locally, or statewide. We will vet the requests through the Business Advocacy Committee in the coming months as we develop next year’s agenda. If I have any questions, I will reach out to discuss more with you over the next few weeks. 

Thank you for your help and suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you! 

George Ramsey
Senior Director of Legislative Relations

Posted on
August 6th 2021
Written by
Madison Beard