AFFA’s mission is to achieve, nurture, and defend equality and full acceptance for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) people. To achieve our mission, we work to build partnerships with municipal and civic leaders, legislators, medical and mental health care providers, policy makers and business leaders to advocate for awareness, protections and equality for the LGBTQ community. We do this work through conducting training and educational programming, meeting with organizational leaders and teams, and helping organizations conduct diversity, equity and inclusion audits of their own policies and programs, specific to LGBTQ identity. In addition to education and advocacy, AFFA provides social and emotional programming for the LGBTQ community.
The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director and contributes to the overall success of the fundraising, programs, events and operations of the organization. This is a part time, salaried position, and hybrid position – in person and remote schedule.
NOTE: Some afterhours work will be necessary, but will not require commitment of over 20 hours per week
- General administrative support as needed, including but not limited to: ○ Maintain organizational files and documents
- Manage and maintain donor database
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks
- Programs and Special Events:
- Assist in organizing AFFA programs and other special events
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and management
- Assist with annual Gala and other fundraising event logistics
- Assist with donor communications, including appeals, thank you letters, bulk mailing and social media, website
Education and Experience:
- Administrative experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks a plus.
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus
Position Skills and Aptitudes:
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, well-honed time-management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to simultaneously conduct numerous projects
- Understanding of LGBTQ+ issues and a commitment to LGBTQ+ equality.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. AFFA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ+ people, to join our team.
Please send email to email@example.com. Include a resume and cover letter.