Creative Design Manager
The Creative Design Manager translates marketing and communication strategies into compelling concepts to consistently and effectively bring the Charleston Metro Chamber brand to life. Leads and directs the design and production of visual materials and media used for print, digital, advertising and video communications. The Creative Design Manager will need to be able to apply in-depth knowledge of design and visual art concepts and practices pertinent to brand creation, web design, graphic design, printing, typography and layout to bring member-centric creative to life.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead the creative process from concept to completion, developing project concepts, pitches and design strategies that support the Chamber’s goals and brand.
- Shape brand standards and visual identity and create and monitor procedures to ensure all creative assets are brand compliant.
- Lead all visual elements and looks of Chamber, creating visuals that are consistent, appropriate and compelling across multiple mediums.
- Build strong relationships with department leaders and collaborate with internal teams to deliver brand compliant deliverables for various projects, programs and events.
- Maintain understanding of each division’s goals and objectives, as it relates to the needs for each/all design project and deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple project scopes and have strong collaboration and communication skills with internal teams.
- Lead creative sessions and development for signature events and major publications.
- Develop paid advertising campaigns, resulting in increased brand awareness and prospect lead generation.
- Oversee budget and timeline on all creative projects, communicating changes to the appropriate team members and work to solve problems to ensure all projects are delivered on budget and on time.
- Lead all video and photography projects from concept to production with goal of increasing use of videos.
- Work with Marketing Manager to create visual elements to enhance content strategy efforts.
- Manage the redesign of email communication templates.
- Communicate collaboratively with co-workers to engage in open acceptance of ideas for consideration; assist in problem-solving for recommendations that are “off-brand” or inconsistent with the Chamber’s messaging.
- Maintain vendor relationships and oversee deliverables, timelines and expenses.
- Maintain knowledge of current creative technologies that can be utilized to produce materials that are considered leading edge, relevant and forward-thinking.
- Utilize Marketing department processes and project management systems to maintain efficiency and quality. Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field required.
- Minimum of five years of experience of in-house graphic design required that includes designing for print, digital and video, non-profit experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Advanced knowledge of multimedia design for print, web, video, large format display.
- Knowledge of printing techniques, paper selection and print mailing production.
- Intermediate HTML and CSS knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of video and audio capture, post-production and delivery
- Advanced photography, photo retouching knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of project management software, such as Asana.
- Excellent oral communication and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects on time.
How to apply
Submit your resume to email@example.com.