Director of Membership Engagement
We are now hiring a Director of Membership Engagement that reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Membership. The Director’s primary role is to identify and close prospective members, while cultivating relationships with new and existing members. Responsibilities include connecting with stakeholders on an ongoing basis via in-person meetings, phone calls and emails and working with members to maintain member engagement and increase overall member retention.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and follow up on membership leads for new member sales
- Actively seek new members by cold calling, researching and performing other lead generation activities
- Maintain knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Actively support and attend Chamber events
- Practice customer service and have a daily positive attitude
- Manage and complete multiple projects on time
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Minimum of five years business development experience, preferably in a membership role
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed monthly goals with a high closing percentage
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral communication and interpersonal relations
- Business and leadership savvy with high level of energy
- Knowledge and ability to work in a CRM database and Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated, team oriented and organized
- Ability to embrace change and respond to daily situations that arise
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Also listed below are the physical demands that must be met by the employee and the work environment that the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional travel may be required for business-related activities.
Physical Demand and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in adverse weather conditions. Employee may be exposed to dust, odors, extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to apply
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.