The Charleston Metro Chamber is seeking a creative, organized and detail-oriented team member to join our innovative and collaborative Marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator supports all Marketing department efforts to promote the mission and enhance the image and visibility of the Chamber. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow into a multi-faceted marketing professional by working alongside the Marketing team on internal and external communication efforts, digital communication strategies, event promotions, public relations strategies and maintaining brand consistency. This team member has the responsibility of scheduling and coordinating department projects to ensure the department completes projects timely, effectively and efficiently. We are a looking for a candidate who can produce high quality, detail work while working within the framework of our established guidelines.
- Coordinate marketing projects, to include scheduling, collaborating across departments, providing updates and ensuring projects are completed on time.
- Responsible for project management and prioritization of content calendar.
- Write content for Chamber website, electronic newsletters, publications and social media channels.
- Assist with digital communication efforts, including maintaining social media calendar and scheduling social media posts; posting and updating content on the Chamber website; and building and distributing marketing emails.
- Track and analyze website, social media and email marketing analytics, providing quarterly reports and recommendations.
- Assist in public relations efforts, including drafting and distributing press releases, updating and maintaining segmented media lists and submitting Chamber programs and events to local media calendars.
- Track and share Chamber media mentions and provide quarterly report of coverage.
- Develop promotional plans for all Chamber programs and events.
- Support execution of virtual programming, responsible for inputting programs into platform and managing logistics.
- Attend Chamber programs and events as needed to provide assistance and create follow-up content.
- Support the Chamber’s goals, initiatives and brand commitments, working with appropriate staff members.
- Maintain understanding of each division’s goals and objectives, as it relates to project design and deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field, or
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years’ experience in similar role.
- Experience in social media and digital communication platforms.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional eye for detail with strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Flexible attitude and is comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications. (Word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Experience working with Adobe Create Suite preferred.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers) and demonstrated professional demeanor.
- Proactive in addressing issues before they are a concern to the staff
- Collaborative, not directive, in your communication approach
- Exhibit a solidly calm demeanor under stressful situations
- Is results driven and tenacious
- Can take initiative to address issues
- Collaborate with team members to find the most comprehensive solutions for all involved
- Take accountability for own actions, words and behavior
- Know when a situation requires urgency and when to prioritize in light of financial ability and/or viewing the matter from a high-level organizational view
- Encouraging to your co-workers
- Seek out opportunities to grow and improve, not wait for them to show up
- Self-directed and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Have a servant heart
Other Relevant Attributes Necessary for Success
- Self-starter who can anticipate the next thing, move, etc. and can help see where Chamber should or shouldn’t weigh in.
- A strategic thinker, who can see the big picture
- Gets the Chamber and has buy-in into our mission
- A hard worker, not a clock watcher and someone who will work to get the project done.
- A professional who is an excellent representative of our organization.
- Team oriented. Not an “I”, but a “we” person.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or budget reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leaders, managers, and employees using tact, courtesy and cooperativeness.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with a few abstract and concrete variables, exercising judgment, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and initiative
Other Skills and Abilities
- Computer Knowledge to include: Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of MS Excel
How to apply
View more details and apply online using the button below.