Catalyzing Charleston’s Economic Future
At the Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA), we’re focused on building a vibrant, resilient economy by attracting the world’s best companies, talent and entrepreneurs to our region. Our work is designed to strengthen and diversify the local economy, create high-quality jobs, and foster economic growth throughout the greater Charleston area.
We bring together the region’s most influential business leaders, three-county governments, largest municipalities, and top academic institutions in a collective effort to sustain Charleston’s economic success. We offer you the chance to become part of a team that is positively impacting the future of this region.
CRDA is committed to being a high-performing economic development organization by hiring exceptional talent, promoting a culture of creativity and collaboration, and staying attuned to global events and business trends to quickly spot new opportunities. You will be part of a team that values diverse perspectives and sees our possibilities, not our limitations.
In this role, you will work closely with our CEO to develop and implement a comprehensive program to build and strengthen relationships with public officials and private-sector companies that help fund our work. You will apply your skills and expertise toward fundraising for the organization. You will play a high-level internal role, leading our engaged leadership team and helping to establish organizational priorities, develop annual budgets, and set corporate performance metrics.
Your work with CRDA will provide opportunities to engage directly with our region’s top business, academic and government leaders. In this role, you will be at the forefront of what’s next as you work with our Board of Directors and other key stakeholders to move this region forward. This is an opportunity to expand your professional network while making a true difference in our community.
- Partners with leadership to set organizational priorities, establish corporate performance metrics, and identify cross-functional teams to accomplish organizational goals.
- Works with internal partners to plan and implement local stakeholder and community relations programs to positively position CRDA among business partners, community leaders and other stakeholders. May include local speaking engagements, thought leadership events, stakeholder briefings, investor communications, and other strategic initiatives.
- Maintains regular communications with key county, municipal, state, and federal elected officials and their relevant staff members. Develops and maintains working knowledge and understanding of economic development priorities for each county and municipality. Regularly attends county and municipal meetings.
- Assures effective representation of CRDA at key local and statewide events. As appropriate, represents the organization and CEO in the public arena.
- Partners with CEO and other internal partners to develop and execute strategies to secure new private-sector funding for the organization.
- Guides and motivates engaged leadership team members, coaching for high performance and encouraging creativity and risk-taking. Responsible for quality, accuracy and timeliness of team’s work product.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business, public policy, communications, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of relevant, progressive experience
- Proven experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Existing local relationships and knowledge of regional dynamics are essential
- Experience in resource development / fundraising is advantageous
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically in addressing challenges and identifying opportunities
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM tool is helpful
CRDA welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and values creative approaches to every challenge. We offer competitive base pay, a performance incentive program, and comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; life insurance; 11 paid holidays plus 25 days PTO; and a flexible work environment.
Join us and be part of a team that is helping to shape the future of the Charleston region!
Please forward your cover letter and resume no later than Friday, September 23 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are required for this position. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered.