WHO WE ARE
Everything we do is about helping South Carolinians find the best options for their health and life insurance needs. We have done such a good job that we are expanding. The David M. Gilston Insurance Agency is an established, full-service brokerage house that represents various carriers for lines of insurance, such as health, life, disability, vision, dental, and the growing senior markets arena. Our reputation in stellar and we want you to join the team.
This amazing career opportunity allows motivated and disciplined individuals to achieve their career and financial goals. We pride ourselves on training, educating, and motivating our agents and staff to become successful and well recognized in the health insurance industry. The average tenure of our associates is approximately 15 years and we have received top honors with many of the carriers we represent.
The Agency Sales Representative is expected to:
- Possess and maintain a valid, state issued insurance license.
- Increase sales of individual, senior, and/or group medical and ancillary business.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources.
A SNAPSHOT OF EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines regarding confidential information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Understanding and use of methods and strategies for showing, promoting, and selling products and services.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Build strong relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, enter data, or process information.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consistently achieves sales goals, even under tough circumstances.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- : Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- A positive attitude, assertive, dependable, and energetic.
- Use reasoning to determine alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of insurance sales experience is required.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of fully insured and level funded small and large group health and ancillary products.
- Knowledge and understanding of small group HSA’s and HRA’s.
- Must be able to work well on a team.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING FOR US:
- Competitive commissions and pay: Generous base pay with bonuses, regular incentive programs, and unlimited earning potential.
- Excellent benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD insurance, and 401(k).
- Generous paid time off: Company-paid holidays too.
- Career growth: Room for advancement for those seeking leadership roles.
- Top-notch technology: Dedicated agent training center and easy-to-use tools to close sales, track success and access thousands of resources.
- Unique, exciting, & fun culture: We’re passionate about white-glove service and building relationships with customers and teammates.
Job Type: Full-time
David M. Gilston Insurance Agency considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
DAVID M. GILSTON INSURANCE AGENCY IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER.
Please contact us at: www.dgilston.com/main/career-opportunities or call 800.GILSTON (445.7866).