Equiscript is seeking a highly qualified supervising Senior Counsel (Supervisor) to support with management and oversight of all legal aspects of our business, as well as manage and supervise Legal Department staff. This position focuses on safeguarding Equiscript’s reputation and ensuring the company follows applicable laws and regulations. Drafting and negotiating agreements and managing client and other business partner contracts are among the primary responsibilities of this position. This position also provides legal training to members of management and supports other departments including Human Resources, Sales, Client Relations, Finance, and Information Technology on a variety of other transactions and special projects. The individual is expected to stay abreast of external governance trends and particularly the 340B stakeholders’ industry issues and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid laws and guidance issues, as well as general legal issues and best practices. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will thrive in our fast-paced and progressive company culture. A unique in-house position with ample professional growth opportunity in a highly regarded and growing company!
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of contracts for the company, including non disclosure agreements, management services agreements, pharmacy agreements, business associate agreements, and vendor service agreements.
- Lead management of company’s contracts documents, including coordinating execution and proper file management.
- Process a high volume of diverse contracts with accuracy and minimal supervision, multi-task numerous legal projects and work well under pressure.
- Prepare client authorization forms and documents, draft correspondence, update standard templates, and perform legal research as required.
- Research and evaluate various risk factors regarding business operations and opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues from Finance, Marketing, Sales, Operations and Human Resources; advise internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation strategies; identify and advise regarding contractual risks and other liabilities.
- Assist with or lead a variety of other projects as needed.
- Manage and supervise the Legal Department, including training, advising, and supporting attorneys and administrative staff.
- Act as liaison and advocate for the Legal Department and other internal departments and management, as well as outside counsel.
- Manage company interactions with outside counsel.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to strike a sensible and practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment with smart and creative people.
- Strong ability to influence, provide point of view and to listen.
- Highly motivated, positive, professional, friendly, detail-oriented and team-oriented attitude.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information.
- Prior experience working in-house or with a large firm experience is ideal
- Experience negotiating contracts with vendors, hospital systems, healthcare providers, pharmacies and/or other business partners.
- Regulatory or transactional healthcare or pharmacy background
- Privacy and HIPAA experience
- Familiarity with anti kickback laws
- Experience with and/ or a working knowledge of The 340B Drug Pricing Program.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in South Carolina or otherwise eligible to satisfy Rule 405, SCACR .
- Must have 5+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major firm, including experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and without administrative support.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Word and/or Google Apps.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, occasional stooping, and reaching; May require lifting up to 25 pounds; requires a normal range of vision and hearing with or without accommodations.
|Cleared Background Check Required|
|Position Located in North Charleston, SCBenefits include a health plan, dental, vision, paid time off401k|
|The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.|