REPORTS TO: Director of Property Management or Portfolio Director
For consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com
- Responds to tenant needs and coordinates with maintenance staff to resolve problems.
- Maintains positive relationships and high retention levels with all tenants.
- Responds to all problems and concerns and ensures compliance with rules and regulations.
- Interacts regularly with property owners to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Ensures both landlords and tenants comply with lease terms, to include landlord obligations, certificates of insurance, rent increases, options granted to tenants, etc.
- Anticipates and responds to owner’s needs and concerns.
- Preparation of accurate, timely and complete reports.
- Supports the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- With Supervisor oversight, preforms calculation of special billings, CAM reconciliations, pass-through expenses, etc.
- With Supervisor oversight, prepares annual budgets, forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports, and variance reports.
- Approves all invoices to be paid in relation to a property.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Responds to after-hours/emergency calls in a timely manner.
- Performs regular inspections of properties.
- Coordinates annual (or other periodic) inspections of building systems, to include fire/sprinkler/life safety, elevators, roofs, security/entry systems, mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, etc.
- Recommends and directs alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of property as necessary.
- Contracts for vendor services and supervises as required.
- Oversees and manages tenant improvements and capital improvements.
- Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and walk-through spaces with tenants.
- Oversees the collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all required legal notices.
- Participates in civic and business organizations.
- Attends BOMA and/or IREM programs and activities.
- Conducts and maintains relationships with key clients/tenants, industry and trade associations, representatives of government, public service organizations, customers, and vendors as necessary in the overall management of the property.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or training in commercial property management
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES:
- Active real estate license preferred
- Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management
- Ability to make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department, large group of employees, clients, and/or management
- Requires some knowledge of financial terms and principles
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent customer service approach to property owners and tenants
- Must be able to deal effectively with vendors, associates and brokers
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, ever-changing environment
As required by workload demands, must be available to work before or after typical business hours