Old South Carriage Company is looking for talented individuals to join our sales team located in Downtown Charleston around the City Market. As an Old South team member, you will showcase Charleston’s hospitality, history and beauty by combining your confidence, charm, and prior work experience to sell tickets for any number of touring options that we offer.
We are Charleston’s premier touring company and our outstanding employees work together to manage two 5,000 square foot barns, a herd of 30 draft horses, four sales locations, and deliver the best customer (experience) service in town.
As a premier tour operator, we have high standards that you will help us maintain. We put a premium on quality, safety, equine care and customer satisfaction.
Charleston is a popular tourism destination, and we are the top provider of iconic carriage and walking tours, so expect a rapid pace in your rewarding career. Old South Carriage and Walking Tours provides paid training for all sales positions.
- Drive a horse drawn carriage through the City Market
- Sell tickets for carriage and walking tours at one of our 4 locations
- We are known for our southern hospitality, so maintaining a polite and professional attitude at all times is a must.
- Maintain a clean sales location and uniform
- Assisting in horse care throughout the day
- Direct customers to the correct meeting locations at the correct times
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license
- Available to work days, weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Must be a team-oriented, but also able to take initiative individually
- Be able to stand for long hours and lift 25 lbs unassisted.
- All applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- No prior horse experience needed though it is helpful. We conduct all carriage and sales training in house and will provide you with the tools and skills necessary to succeed in our fast paced work environment.
- Industry-leading pay. This sales positions starts at $6 an hour plus a 10% commission on every sale. Our pay is considered the highest in the market. Compensation will be discussed early in the application process.
- Flexible scheduling around a 40-hour work week
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Employees receive 8 comp tickets a year to use at their discretion.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://apply.workable.com/old-south-carriage-co/j/71609DCD97/