On Tuesday, June 8, the Charleston Metro Chamber is hosting a Government Relations Update with special guest, Chairman Bill Hearn of Dorchester County Council. In addition to his service to Dorchester County Council as Chairman, he also serves on the Dorchester Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of the Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA). It is clear that Chairman Hearn values the business community and is dedicated to making it the best it can be.
Under his leadership, Dorchester County seemingly has navigated the pandemic without missing a beat. Just this week, Trident Technical College’s Dorchester County Campus opened, making it the County’s first-ever technical college and will help reduce commute times for many of its students.
Below are some additional projects happening in Dorchester County:
- Construction of the Ashley River Park is well underway
- The Davis-Bailey Park in St. George opens on June 4
- Actively involved in various infrastructure and recreation improvements within the Oakbrook TIF District
- Began construction of the Emergency Operations Center
- Continue to install water lines on the Highway 78 corridor as part of the Lake Marion Regional Water Agency Project
- Construction will soon begin on the North Charleston Library and Media Center
All of these projects begin with Dorchester County residents in mind. The County’s economic development team understands the important role businesses play in supporting the County’s residents. The latest economic development project, the Walmart Distribution Center, is currently being constructed at Ridgeville Commerce Park. The three million square-foot center will employ 1,000 full-time workers.
Dorchester County is open for business! We hope you will join us on June 8 to learn more about what Chairman Hearn has planned for Dorchester County’s future and enjoy a reception on the Chamber’s 3rd floor balcony after the program. Register Here.