Employment Resources During COVID-19
Connecting job seekers with employers
The Chamber’s Talent Connection initiative connects companies in need of immediate temporary workers with talent who are looking for work due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are tracking companies that are looking to rapidly hire for open positions and will provide up-to-date information relating to State and Federal assistance programs.
While we recognize that the impacts of COVID-19 are far-reaching, we also know some businesses are scaling up their workforce due to new or increased areas of need as a result of this changing economic environment. The Chamber is here to help.
Are you looking for temporary employment?
- View regional employers looking to fill immediate and temporary jobs on our Talent Connection Tracking List.
- Post your resume and view job openings on our Career Center.
- Register with SC Works Online Services, which provides a complete set of employment tools for job seekers in South Carolina. Follow them on Twitter at @SCWorksinfo for up-to-date job listings and job fairs.
- Contact a local staffing agency for additional assistance.
- Learn more about how to apply for unemployment and navigating unemployment benefits by contacting The S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce (DEW) via phone at 866.831.1724 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or file your claim online.
Recent Job Listings
Venture X is looking...
Venture X is looking for enthusiastic Community Coordinator who can live and...
Classic Remodeling & Construction,...
Classic Remodeling & Construction, Inc. is currently hiring for a detail-oriented full-time Lead Carpenter to...
Seamon Whiteside & Associates...
SW+ is seeking a Civil Designer with a minimum of 6 months...
Are you looking for temporary help or to rapidly upscale your workforce?
The Chamber has created a tracking list where job seekers can quickly find information on employers actively looking to hire. To be added to this list, contact Darryl Brown, Director of Emerging Workforce & Trident Regional Career Specialist, at email@example.com and provide the following information:
– Company Name
– Company Contact (Name, Email, Phone)
– Number of Job Openings
– List of Needed Job Skills
– Link to Apply
You may also consider utilizing a staffing agency to assist you in your immediate hiring needs. As we work together to navigate the many challenges the COVID-19 pandemic creates, leveraging a staffing company to hire temporary workers can help you respond to your business’ needs in a rapid and efficient manner.
- Register with SC Works to post positions, search for candidates and review job market trends.
- Follow @SCWorksinfo on Twitter for upcoming job fairs.
- Apply for Incumbent Worker Training funding to develop and retain your current workforce
- Learn more about SBA lending under the CARES Act.
- View the Chamber’s Coronavirus Resource Guide for tools, information, webinars and more.
- Virtually recruit College of Charleston students
Post jobs and internship opportunities for College of Charleston students
Job Seeker Resumes
Joint Base Charleston Job...
Saturday, September 25 | 9am - 12pmThe Dive Bar & Grill1680 Fletcher...
Job Seekers: Carolina O'Looney;...
Caroline O'Looney Education Level Some College Relevant Experience Marketing and Communications intern...
Job Seekers: Zachary Walter;...
Zachary Walter Education Level BS Mechanical Engineering Relevant Experience Senior Design Project...