Employment Resources During COVID-19
Connecting job seekers with employers
The Chamber’s Talent Connection initiative connects companies in need of immediate temporary workers with talent who are looking for work due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are tracking companies that are looking to rapidly hire for open positions and will provide up-to-date information relating to State and Federal assistance programs.
While we recognize that the impacts of COVID-19 are far-reaching, we also know some businesses are scaling up their workforce due to new or increased areas of need as a result of this changing economic environment. The Chamber is here to help.
Are you looking for temporary employment?
- View regional employers looking to fill immediate and temporary jobs on our Talent Connection Tracking List.
- Post your resume and view job openings on our Career Center.
- Register with SC Works Online Services, which provides a complete set of employment tools for job seekers in South Carolina. Follow them on Twitter at @SCWorksinfo for up-to-date job listings and job fairs.
- Contact a local staffing agency for additional assistance.
- Learn more about how to apply for unemployment and navigating unemployment benefits by contacting The S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce (DEW) via phone at 866.831.1724 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or file your claim online.
Recent Job Listings
M. B. Kahn Construction...
ON THE JOB TRAINING PROGRAM for the WEST ASHLEY/N. Chas. SITE! Library...
Software Engineering Manager -...
Company PhishLabs Position Software Engineering Manager Position Summary We are seeking an...
School Bus Drivers -...
Company First Student Position School Bus Driver Position Summary At First Student,...
Are you looking for temporary help or to rapidly upscale your workforce?
The Chamber has created a tracking list where job seekers can quickly find information on employers actively looking to hire. To be added to this list, contact Robin Willis, Associate VP of Talent, at email@example.com and provide the following information:
– Company Name
– Company Contact (Name, Email, Phone)
– Number of Job Openings
– List of Needed Job Skills
– Link to Apply
You may also consider utilizing a staffing agency to assist you in your immediate hiring needs. As we work together to navigate the many challenges the COVID-19 pandemic creates, leveraging a staffing company to hire temporary workers can help you respond to your business’ needs in a rapid and efficient manner.
- Register with SC Works to post positions, search for candidates and review job market trends.
- Follow @SCWorksinfo on Twitter for upcoming job fairs.
- Apply for Incumbent Worker Training funding to develop and retain your current workforce
- Learn more about SBA lending under the CARES Act.
- View the Chamber’s Coronavirus Resource Guide for tools, information, webinars and more.
- Virtually recruit College of Charleston students
Post jobs and internship opportunities for College of Charleston students
Job Seeker Resumes
Job Seekers: Meghan Dennis;...
Meghan Dennis Education Level Some College Relevant Experience Past 3 years of...
Job Seekers: Ashley Norris;...
Ashley Norris Education Level College Graduate Relevant Experience Marketing Coordinator, Office Assistant...
Job Seekers: Trent Humphrey;...
Trent Humphrey Education Level Beyond College Graduate Relevant Experience Environmental consulting, GIS...