General Job Description:
An FGN Export Operations Supervisor provides export shipment and logistics services for the
company’s bulk liquid shipper customers. He or she oversees a portfolio of customers and uses
FGN’s technology and vendor resources to deliver superior logistics services to an assigned list of
customers. FGN export supervisors are responsible for their own annual budget, which requires
them to ensure customer profitability and positive cash flow.
Primary Job Functions:
• Ensures that operational procedures in support of customer accounts are efficient and effective.
• Operates four distinct business software systems that support all aspects of FGN’s business
• Manages a remote team of data entry and information management personnel.
• Creates and manages an annual budget for his/her portion of the company’s export business;
reports weekly on business performance against budget.
• Is responsible for Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable for his/her accounts and liaises with FGN
finance department to ensure proper payments and receipts are maintained.
• Produces quotations and pricing on new and/or additional business from budgeted customers.
• Works extensively with, and manages performance of, vendors and international agents.
• Has at least one additional administrative responsibility that supports the ongoing operation of the
• A person of strong moral character who desires to develop a career in international logistics.
• An individual who understands interpersonal dynamics and can operate comfortably in a small,
closely-knit team; ability to operate in a self-directed environment.
• Someone who is naturally inclined toward using computer software systems effectively and
• A person who is naturally well organized, pays close attention to detail, and who is personally
challenged to complete detailed tasks as assigned or required.
• One who can provide responsive and pleasant customer service while finding and executing on
opportunities to expand the company’s business with its customers.
• A person who communicates effectively both in speech and the written word.
Required Skills After Initial Three-Month Training Period:
• Ability to manage export operations independently and effectively.
• Proficiency in international documentation procedures, freight forwarding operations, and flexitank
• Full understanding and ability to use FGN computer software systems.
• Ability to meet budget and cash flow expectations of assigned accounts.
• Any professional work experience that would indicate that success as an FGN Export Operations
Supervisor is likely
• No specific education requirements.
• No specific work status required.
General Work Requirements:
• Eight hours (8:30-5:00), Monday – Friday
• Located at 145 King Street, Suite 229, Charleston, SC 29401
• Requires up to 5 days of business travel per month, both domestic and international.
• The position has a three-month initial evaluation period, during which the potential employee acts
and is paid as a 1099 contractor.
• Health Insurance – South Carolina Blue Cross Blue Shield.
• Two weeks paid vacation, five bank holidays, and five floating holidays.
• Downtown garaged parking included.
• Company iPhone provided.
• Reports to Durrette Wooten, Director of Operations
Further Notes and Applying:
FGN Global Logistics is an early stage company that is growing quickly in a niche sub-market of the
international logistics industry.
We seek intelligent, success oriented professionals who have a strong interest in international
logistics and want to build a career around our company.
We operate a “professional services” employment model in which our employees consult with their
customers to deliver innovative logistics solutions.
FGN employees are highly skilled logisticians who deliver superior service to our customers. They are
professional in appearance and presentation.
The export operations supervisor position is domiciled in a private office in a Class A office building
in downtown Charleston. We strive for a stress-free work environment, but have very high
expectations of our employees.
To date, our employees have experienced high levels of salary growth, as it is company policy to
share its increasing profitability with its employees.
If you would like discuss this position, please send a three-paragraph email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(entitled “Export Supervisor Position”) explaining why you would be a good Export Supervisor at
FGN Global Logistics, Inc. We will reply to your email within 48 hours.