Classic Remodeling & Construction, Inc. is currently hiring for a detail-oriented full-time Lead Carpenter to deliver a well-built, high-quality project and ensure that our clients are comfortable and confident in their remodeling services.
In addition to great pay and our positive company culture, we offer our Lead Carpenter the following benefits and perks:
- Health, dental, and supplemental insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k plan
- Company paid cell phone
- Tool allowance
- Fuel allowance
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Detail-Oriented – can manage details and specifications to ensure nothing goes missing or unchecked
- Team Player – works well with others and can contribute to a high-functioning team
- Self-Motivated – sees what needs to get done and does it
- Customer Oriented – keeps customer wants and needs at the forefront of all they do
- Multi-Tasker – can manage multiple tasks without sacrificing service or quality
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on production of the projects from start to finish. This includes, but is not limited to, demolition, foundation layout, framing and structure formation, siding and exterior trim, decks and porches, window and exterior door installation, roofing and flashing, interior millwork and doors, cabinet installation, wood flooring installation, hardware installation, appliance installation, and final detailing/cleanup.
- Read, interpret, and update paperwork throughout the course of the project. This includes plans, specifications and scope of work, budgets, schedules, material purchase orders, change orders, and other documentation as required. Alert Project Manager when discrepancies, questions or unusual conditions arise.
- Contribute to the development of a project schedule for each project.
- Serve as first point of contact for the Client throughout the project, answering all questions honestly and consulting with Project Consultant and/or Project Manager when needed.
- Participate in project meetings with the client, Project Consultant, and Project Manager. This includes a pre-construction meeting as well as additional meetings required as the project progresses.
- Manage carpenters, laborers, and specialty trade contractors on your project to ensure work is performed correctly and Classic job-site policies are followed.
- Order all standard in-stock materials. Create a material take-off and place order in a timely fashion. Receive and verify all deliveries, comparing the type and quantity of materials shipped against the original shipping ticket. Minimize trips to the vendor by planning your project well in advance.
- Ensure job-site remains neat and orderly. Install and maintain adequate dust protection and cover and protect all existing finishes. Provide weathertight protection throughout structure formation phases. Ensure materials are stacks neatly in a designated area and broom-clean site daily. Lock and secure premises at the end of each day.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in remodeling (preferred) or construction
- Motivated, self-starter with an ability to plan ahead
- Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis
- Ability to interact and communicate well with clients, employees, specialty trade contractors, and vendors
- Extensive rough carpentry experience including knowledge of foundations, rafters and stairs
- Extensive finish carpentry experience including trim, cabinetry installation, and interior finishes.
- Good working knowledge of all related building trades
- The ability to lead and teach other carpenters
- Valid South Carolina drivers license and good driving record
ABOUT CLASSIC REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION, INC.
Classic Remodeling & Construction, Inc. is the leading provider for Design-Build Residential Remodeling in our area. The team at Classic Remodeling places the utmost importance on client satisfaction. We prioritize providing value while delivering a remodeling project of the highest quality craftsmanship and ensuring the client has a great experience.
Our team environment is customer-focused, fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative. Through our excellent team who provide outstanding services, we have a long-standing history in the area and a great reputation for delivering not only an excellent final product but also service that goes above and beyond. To reward our team for their efforts, we provide a very comprehensive salary & benefits package, above what many others in our area offer.