The Small Projects Specialist is responsible for the completion of all small projects, repairs, and warranty tickets as assigned. This person must be able to run a project from start to finish, manage subcontractors on the job and communicate regularly with the client, ensuring an exceptional customer experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain regular communication with customers, keeping them informed of project status.
- Attend Pre-bid and Pre-construction meetings as needed.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of Classic Remodeling’s Worry-Free Warranty policy and be able to communicate them to clients during the project.
- Order all standard in-stock materials. Create a material take-off and place order in a timely fashion. Receive and verify all deliveries, comparing the type and quantity of materials shipped against the original shipping ticket. Minimize trips to the vendor by planning your project well in advance.
- Coordinate the scheduling of subcontractors with the Production Manager to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Document Contract change order information and provide to Production Administrator for customer sign off.
- Ensure job-site remains neat and orderly. Install and maintain adequate dust protection and cover and protect all existing finishes. Ensure materials are stacks neatly in a designated area and broom-clean site daily. Lock and secure premises at the end of each day.
Job Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience in remodeling (preferred) or construction
- Motivated, self-starter with an ability to plan ahead
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis
- Ability to interact and communicate well with clients, employees, specialty trade contractors, and vendors
- Extensive finish carpentry experience including trim, cabinetry installation, and interior finishes.
- Good working knowledge of all related building trades
- Valid South Carolina drivers license and good driving record