FULL TIME Event Rental Company Drivers Needed (Charleston, SC)
compensation: Competitive wages based on experience with Health, Dental, and Retirement Service
employment type: full-time
Position Title: Driver/Crew Leader
**Date of Employment: March/April 2021**
BENEFITS: All full time employees receive 100% match up to 3% on 401K after 1 year, medical, dental, and vision insurance, gym membership, paid time off.
Opportunity for upward mobility, as any open managerial positions often looked to be filled from this position.
WORK PLACE: Truck, local and regional event venues, warehouse, parks. Please inform us if you have a valid license and what violations are on your ten-year driving record. Higher starting wages will be paid for those employees willing and able to operate vehicles on our insurance.
DAILY DUTIES: Expedites order pull, loading and unloading trucks accurately
Verifies contents of loads against invoices
Operates assigned vehicle in a safe, clean and courteous manner
Verifies, unloads, loads, assembles and counts rentals at job site
Communicates regularly with Dispatch
Completes and handles paperwork per company policy
RESPONSIBILITY: All rental items, various tents
COMMUNICATION: Dispatchers, Department Heads, Customers, Dock Specialists, Delivery Crew
NATURE OF WORK:
Works with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail. Will pull orders working from invoices. Will load and unload vehicles/trucks while communicating with expeditor and delivery personnel. Must operate and control loading equipment such as a self-propelled forklift. Must place and organize durable goods onsite when delivering, and on proper shelving when returned to warehouse. Must ensure that aisles, floors and loading docks of department are organized, swept clean and free of trash. May be required to assist customers with reservations and contracts in a polite, friendly and professional manner.
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be both outdoors and indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. Exposure to above average temperatures is prevalent. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. The typical tools (fork lift, palette jacks, hand trucks, dollies, carts and racks etc.) can be considered hazards. There is some exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred.
• Must be able to lift and carry approximately 70 lbs.
• Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
• Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must maintain an up to date DOT Physical Card (current DOT Physical Card not required for entry)
• Must be familiar with local roads and be able to read a road map/GPS
• Must display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently and accurately.
• Must be able to speak and read English clearly, and write legibly.
• Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
• Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
• Must be able to understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
• Must maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers, supervisors and management.
• Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer/accept constructive criticism when necessary.
REPORTS TO: DISPATCHER, DEPARTMENT GENERAL MANAGER, SAFETY MANAGER
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so too, may the essential functions of this position.
**To apply: Please respond to this advertisement via email with a copy of your resume or a detailed list of your work history, list a short summary of your availability, and a little bit about yourself. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS WE WILL NOT RESPOND**