- Job Tracking ID: 85407-321454
- Job Location: Charleston, SC
- Job Level: Any
- Level of Education: Any
- Job Type: Part-Time
- Date Updated: May 26, 2021
- Years of Experience: Not Applicable
- Starting Date: ASAP
Tervis is a 75-year old company with a loyal customer base who love our made-in-America, lifestyle drinkware. We carefully select the best possible locations for our colorful, contemporary stores.
Ensure customers visiting our stores have a successful shopping experience that translates into sales. Treat all internal and external customers with respect. Support Store Manager and Assistant Manager in supervising the team and driving sales daily.
- Welcome Customers to the store promptly and personally.
- Educate customers on Tervis products and services including personalization and custom orders.
- Maintain store standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Utilize Tervis SMILE program of suggestive selling/up selling techniques.
- Operate Cash Register/POS system/Credit Card Machine/back office computer/ MS Outlook.
- Track and drive sales goals and share results with team.
- Maintain selling floor merchandise presentation.
- Assist in daily inventory replenishment/ticketing.
- Inform customers of custom order policies and procedures.
- Adhere to custom order and trademark/register mark policy and procedures.
- Educate customers on Tervis Made for Life defective return policy & procedures; react to customer service issues appropriately.
- Assist in the training of sales staff on company policies and procedures and in particular, selling techniques.
- Comply with all company directed policies and procedures as they relate to the store operations; receiving of merchandise, store opening and closing, cash register transactions, daily cash reconciliation and inventory control.
- Maintain security of the store and understand the operations of the store security system.
Experience and Skills:
- Open availability to include work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Bending, stooping and overhead reaching required.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Previous retail, key holder and cash handling experience preferred.
Other duties and responsibilities:
This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties. Performance is measured against the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties. Management has the right to revise the job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.