This position supports the design and delivery of the Chamber’s Community Development programs and events while ensuring a high level of customer service. This person is directly responsible for the management and oversight of Charleston Young Professionals, Leadership Discovery, and the collaborative support of various other programs throughout the year. The coordinator plays a critical role in the stewardship of event sponsors and Chamber investors. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining relationships with area vendors, building trade agreements as needed for optimal budgeting and delivering quality member experiences that reflect the Chamber brand.
1. Plan and implement core programs of the Charleston Young Professionals in alignment with Chamber brand by managing their scheduling, venue, catering, rentals, entertainment, AV needs, contracts and/or related documents, agendas, scripting, etc.
2. Work with the Community Development Team to help coordinate, design, prepare and deliver all Signature events, leadership, and DE&I programs; making sure that they are aligned with the mission of the organization
3. Maintain sponsor relations, along with Senior Vice President of Membership, to ensure that all sponsors receive the benefits called for at their level of investment as well as in-kind and trade arrangements.
4. Manage assigned event budgets, ensuring that expenses are at or under budgeted amounts, while demonstrating flexibility as revenues come in to ensure net goals are met.
5. Accountable for directing and overseeing volunteers and ensuring that all programs, resources, and engagement activities meet the needs of the members.
6. Delegate and manage events staffing for employees and volunteers
7. Serve as an internal resource for managing consistency amongst all Chamber events and programs.
8. Complete budgetary requirements of specific events, handling event expenses and adjusting as needed to hit overall event net revenues.
9. Manage event ticket goals and hit/exceed ticket budgets for assigned events and programs.
10. Collaborate with Marketing and Membership teams to ensure content and sponsorship accuracy in marketing materials, speaker/panelist contact information, invitations and flyers, nametags, scripts, agendas, etc.
11. Serve as liaison to Marketing department to ensure events are messaged and marketed to maximize attendance.
12. Conduct post review for specific events and include feedback from attendees, sponsors, and staff in attendance through debriefing process.
13. Work cross-divisionally to maintain up-to-date information relating to activities on the Chamber website, Chamber event calendars, and the CRM database
14. Adhere to approved processes and financial procedures when handling money.
15. Perform any additional duties as assigned.
1. Adaptable and flexible in prioritizing when receiving input in planning and execution
2. Demonstrate ability to take initiative and execute a high caliber event
3. Be a team player; contribute selflessly
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with strong grammar and spelling usage
5. Excellent eye for detail coupled with organizational skills
6. Social media skills a plus
7. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
8. 3-5 years of experience planning and executing programs and events ranging in size from 20-500 attendees
9. Extensive knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
10. Experience with a customer relationship management database
11. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
12. Ability to solve problems and work independently