The Operations Coordinator is an important player in the success of the offices day-to-day operations. This person will be a go-to for staff needs, meeting room inquiries, visitors and vendors. The Operations Coordinator is a member-facing and highly-visible employee representing the Chambers mission daily. Technical and communication skills are essential and initiative and creativity are important for the success and growth of this team member. The Operations Coordinator is a trustworthy, reliable teammate who helps deliver and develop our buildings operations to our staff and members.
- Proactive problem solver
- Addresses issues before they are a concern to the staff or a member
- Approaches projects/tasks with full ownership, tenacity and creativity; can work with minimal supervision
- Know when a situation requires urgency and when to adjust a priority; establishes realistic deadlines
- Reliable & consistent communicator
- Attentive, professional and responsive to staff and member needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, emotionally intelligent
- Exhibit a solidly, calm demeanor under stressful situations; takes initiative to find solution
- Collaborative and empathetic in communication approach
- Comfortable and confident in a high visibility role
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Hospitality mindset exceptional and authentic care
- Ability to build and maintain confidentiality, trust, and discretion amongst staff.
- Takes accountability for own actions, words and behavior
- Stays organized and understands standards of building tidiness
Required Skills & Abilities
- Technically Savvy Quickly adapts to new technology
- Presentation technology (HDMI compatible devices, audio/visual connections)
- Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook Calendar/Mail
- Demonstrates company culture and mission
- Practice the Chambers 7 Expectations daily
- Seek out opportunities to grow and improve
- Mission-Oriented, with a personal drive to serve
- Motivated, self-starter
- Move from one duty or task to another, quickly and effectively
- Creative thinker who takes initiative with tasks
- Bending, lifting, moving tables and chairs (required for room set ups)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or budget reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leaders, managers, and employees using tact, courtesy and cooperativeness.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Understanding of accounting principles and required financial reporting.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with a few abstract and concrete variables, exercising judgment, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to type 40 words per minute