Recently, in a Doing Business Better with Zachary Giglio, Co-Founder and CEO of Giglio Communications and Marketing (GCM), attendees learned what content and social media trends small businesses can leverage to expand its reach.
“Social media isn’t just about talking to your audience. It also offers a unique way to help people understand who you are as a business.” – Zachary Giglio
Here are some of the top trends for 2022:
- Ephemeral content (i.e. disappearing items on social media, like stories) will start to lessen as companies are working harder on quality content
- Quality will continue to win over quantity, but consistency is key
- Video content is 15 times higher than it was in 2017 and will continue to grow in 2022
- Social commerce is exponentially growing ($950 Billion projected in 2022)
- To increase your social commerce, ensure that you are working on your conversion hurtles (i.e., what is in between finding something someone buys vs. actually being able to purchase it)
- Thought leadership will continue to grow – what are you an expert in and how can you leverage that on your social channels?
- Influencer marketing will continue to increase
- Facebook is projecting downward, while Twitter is projecting upward
- Instagram is always a great avenue for brands
Here are some things to remember:
- 95% of decisions are made with emotion – how is your content depicting your brand in a way that reaches people?
- Find the balance with your hashtags – pick 10 that you can interchange and use 3 at a time
- If you are new to the social media world for your business, Tik Tok shouldn’t be the first channel you choose because the amount of content you must consistently share can be a lot starting out (especially if you can’t have someone specifically dedicated to social media)
- Be as much of yourself as possible – ensure that you are true to your brand and what you represent on your social channels
- Let your customers speak for you when possible – think of user-generated content as digital word of mouth!
We enjoyed the conversation with Zach and we hope you will be able to use these trends and advice to enhance your business! Our Small Business Resource Guide also has everything from how to book a room at our headquarters, regional data to help you make informed decisions, notary services and much more!