Creating an African American Board Pipeline
Strategic Thinking Group
We are the Strategic Thinking Group (STG), a group of dedicated business leaders in the Charleston region who are working to identify high-growth minority-owned businesses for the MBA program and develop an African American board pipeline for non-profit organizations. As minority business leaders ourselves, we understand the value of our voices and the positive impacts they can have on our community.
To advance and enhance the economic prosperity of the Charleston area through thought capital to drive strategies for sustainable African American business and talent.
The Strategic Thinking Group is the essential resource to build and develop economic alliances in the African American community.
- We understand that this work cannot be owned by any one person or organization
- Success means building a broad-based coalitions of individuals, organizations and businesses
- We are in this work to create meaningful and measurable results
- We understand that this work will be iterative, adaptive and intentional
- We begin with an intense desire to listen, learn and understand
Interested in non-profit board experience?
Collaboration with the Charleston Metro Chamber
The Charleston Metro Chamber is making great strides through their diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. Because of this, we are excited to collaborate with them and ensure minorities not only have a voice, but a seat at the table.
Interested in becoming a Chamber member? Membership provides numerous benefits and keeps business leaders on top of important, ever-changing issues and trends.